Monday, May 11, 2009

Eye Opener: Online Learning Activity

Okay, Sooo I thought this was a fun eye opener, I mean playing games while building your knowledge about health issues. Sounds like a fairly easy learning assignment to me.

The first game I played was...
Valerie's Health Care Wheel of Fortune!


I will be honest, I am not very bright when it comes to wheel of fortune. For some reason I can watch it on TV and guess the words from time to time but the problem I have is getting the word started. I did have luck at guessing a few of the words in this game. Thanks for the Challenge Valerie!



Second I played...
Sara H's Quit Smoking Quiz!

I got a A! Yup, 90 out of 100 points was my score. I got the question wrong about smoking affecting reproductive health in only women because I happen to read it wrong. This quiz was quite interesting...over 4000 chemicals packed into a cigarette! Are you kidding me! How would that not get people to not smoke along with the fact that over 420,000 people die each year from them.

The third game I played was...
Sam's Open Door To A Healthy Heart!

Honestly I took this quiz twice. The first time was after Sam had posted it. So I would have to say I did pretty good on it. Quite interesting to know that your heart beats over 100,000 times a day. That's a lot of work for that little guy.

Lastly, I played...
Shannon's Food Groups Game!

Ha...That was very fun! Cool how the groups started dancing once you complete sorting them out. This game started to make me hungry. Sorting those foods helped me remember what I need to buy for groceries.

I learned more than what I thought I would in completing all these activities. Nice work webgroup!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to doing all these activities as well. They all seem fun.
    PS: Noah is there another site for your crossword game, I am getting a "Not found"link because of my computer.:)Thanks...
    Good job summarizing the activities....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job summarizing these activities Noah. I also was surprised at how much I learned. I really enjoyed this Eye Opener, and had a blast playing the games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good summary Noah, I thought these activities were fun too, even though most of them were intended for a younger crowd they were still informational!

    ReplyDelete