Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reflection: Week 15 & 16



I would have to say that Dr. V's class has opened my mind to new ways of thinking about the environment and how I focus my contributions to benefit where I live. The finals two weeks of class were more about reflecting on what we have learned.

Week 15

This week started of with Sue Johnson coming in and speaking to us about junk. But talking about ways that junk can be reused and make beautiful, hence her book she put out Junk Beautiful. Sue seems to have the natural touch when it comes to re-purposing junk. I was amazed at home some of the junk she used in her book looks like it could have been bought from an antique store. The next day of class was probably the most relaxing of all. We got to go outside, sit in the sun, and discuss what we learned from environmental health.

Week 16

Definitely one of the easiest weeks of the whole semester for this class. We didn't meet this week because of it being finals week but we still had assignments to do. The eye opener assignment was fun to do, especially to play the games everyone posted on there blog.

I wasn't sure how well using this blog thing would work when Dr. V described it at the beginning of the semester but I feel it was a good idea. I allows you to open your mind and sort of describe things in different ways that you wouldn't do the same when putting pen to paper. Thanks to Dr. V for getting me more in touch with our environment so that I can do my part to improve our planet.

A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

5 comments:

  1. Great last post Noah! I really enjoyed Sue coming in last week to teach us all about junking. I as well, was really impressed with all of her work. We have come really far in this semester, and I am proud of our class. Who knew there was that much to learn about the environment?!? Great job on all of your blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this has been such a great class. My eyes have been opened to so many new issues that are all around us everyday, and I am excited to continue to make a difference. Have a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's not too late to comment on your final reflection. Though we already got our grades for the class I still want to comment cuz it's fun i think :)....Anyways great reflection. I love the pic and Dr V did do an awesome job with the class. I also love the closing quote; it's so meaningful. Have a great summer Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An outstanding share! Ι've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little homework on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this issue here on your website.

    Also visit my blog; organic potting soil *http://www.livegolfmatch.info/*

    ReplyDelete