Friday, March 13, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 7 and 8



Wow! Another two weeks accomplished. I don't realize how fast these weeks in class really soar by until I sit down and type up these reflections. I guess that's good to say that I am enjoying this class and getting more in touch with my green side.

Week Seven

This week we watched the documentary "Green," which I found very interesting. It talked about a stretch of land on the Mississippi River from Baton Rouge, LA to New Orleans, LA. This stretch of land is where a number on chemical plants have set down on without respect to neighboring towns. The main point I believe it was getting across is that the CEO's of these company's are looking out more for the green profit than the dangers they are causing to these towns. I agree that these company's are only in for the profit and only act like they care about the nearby towns. I would have to say this is my second favorite documentary we have watched so far, An Inconvenient Truth being numero uno.

Week Eight

This week was another relaxing week in class. We watched the documentary "Thirst," that dealt with movement towards water being privatized. I am still a bit unsure about my view on the topic. If water is to be privatized I don't think it will work unless its set at a very low price. However I feel that the government will start to over price water just like any other resources that is used by basically everyone. I guess as of right now I would be against it. Being a college student I don't need another expense added to the list.

I am going to continue my relaxation right into spring break. I hope for whoever that may be going somewhere a safe trip and spring break and maybe keep an eye open if your going to another country on how and what they are doing to improve their environment. And of course while your on spring break don't forget to continue going green. I found this site on ecogeek that
talks about going green on spring break. I've linked this to the page on green spring break stats. And for all those doing a bit of drinking in the sun, maybe you can switch it up with a little bit of organic alcohol. Drink Responsibly.

Happy Spring Break Everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great pic Noah!! I love it! That looks amazing!..Im jelous :) I agree with you that I am still a bit torn on the idea of water privatization. Theres much about that topic I still need to learn to really get an idea of which way I sway. Have a great break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic Noah...it's very funny and very spring break like. I wish i went somewhere like that for spring break. Anyways...weeks seven and eight were once again eye opening for me, and im sure there's more to learn in this class and im looking forward forward to it.
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reflection Noah!! I really like how you ended your post wishing us all a safe spring break! That is really nice. Also, I thought that it was really cool that you included a link about ways to be green on spring break. That was very creative. I agree that these weeks have been flying by, and I am also really enjoying the class documentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like your picture!! I never realize how fast this semester is going by til we write these reviews either. The last 2 documentires we watched were very informative and the whole water privatization thing does sound kinda crazy. I don't know much about it but from what I do know I would hate that added expense too! Good post!

    ReplyDelete