Thursday, April 2, 2009

Eye Openers: Photo Essay

My plan with the photo essay was to show how it is quite simply to be environmentally friendly in a couple different ways. I think a lot of people feel that they must go to extremes to be energy savers and environmentally friendly which is not always true. Every little change in the way you affect the environment or use energy can add up to have an impact on the way you help out yourself to become more friendly to the environment.

Thinking back to my childhood years, It made me think about how you might have started out to be environmentally friendly without even knowing it, mainly because you learned to ride one of these...Over the years I have added to my collection...I'm proud to say that a bicycle and a longboard are the means for most of my transportation during the summer.







Don't forget that while your cruising around on your bicycle its always a good idea to be hydrated...but its even a better idea to be hydrated by an ecofriendly canteen...


So if you are using one of these ----->

It's not a bad idea to switch to
<-----these.






To be incredibly friendly to the environment you can use your bike to cruise on down to a local hardware store and purchase one of these... By far a very wise purchase...a money and energy saver! Speaking of money saving.


With the harsh winters in Duluth heating bills can be costly to us college students. Saving energy is as easy as putting plastic over the windows.








It's the simplistic things that can be done to show your environmentally friendly awareness and by doing them will make you feel better about your contribution to saving the environment.

4 comments:

  1. Great photo essay! I really like how you told the story along with your pictures. A lot of people told their story up front and then showed some pictures. I like it better your way! I also really liked some of your ideas. I really feel that if people made some of these small changes; it would really lead to a large change in our environment's health. I think it is really cool that you ride your bike and long board a lot during the summer. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your Photo Essay Noah. I agree with you that we were living environmentally friendly as kids without being aware! Its so cool to hear you cruze around without motorized wheels in the summer...I too barely drive in the summer and am usually found glued to my bike! Thanks for the tips on little changes we can make that will make a difference to both our own bills, as well as to the environment as a whole. This was very well done and thoughtful..nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Noah! you related your pictures to your own life really well. I agree with you that we don't have to go to extremes to be environmentally friendly even the little things like riding a bike and switching light bulbs can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Noah! I really like how you showed just simple that we can do daily we don't realize sometimes that we could do to be environmentally friendly, without going to the extremes like you said.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete