Thursday, February 5, 2009

Share and Voice: Tidal Power

Hey Everyone,

I found this article about a new form of power that Scotland is working on. It talks about the using a tidal wave turbine to capture energy from waves! So far a corporation in Scotland has completed what seems to be the prototype to hopefully determine if they can expand production on this idea. Of course if this does work I'm guessing that this power will not be able to be transferred farther into the cities but if it helps in power the cities near the ocean shore....just another step towards a renewable energy source. Surf's Up To Energy!

Check it out at http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/2537/84/

I found this article on another blog called ecogeek.

4 comments:

  1. Is this a Share and Voice post? If so, correct the title and add a label.

    This sounds very interesting! I'm curious how it is stored. I'll go check out the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Add that you found the post on another blog called EcoGeek (with hyperlink).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! It is always interesting to hear about new forms of energy. A tidal wave turbine sounds like a great idea. It is so interesting that other countries are trying to make a difference, and we are still so reluctant to try. Great job Scotland!!! I hope that their idea is approved so that they can expand. I also hope that we start doing something to collect energy here. I heard rumors of wind mills being put up to collect wind energy. I hope that Duluth really does that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure what Tidal Power was I looked it up. I think it's great that this form of energy is being considered to reserve future energy in Scottland. I hope other nations will catch to it as well.
    Good job! Keep up the good work with the Share and Voices!

    ReplyDelete