Friday, February 13, 2009

Reflections on Week Three and Four

So another two weeks have gone by and my thoughts about the environment continue to change...in a positive way.

Week Three

Week three was an eventful week for me because I had my first review due on article 27. From that I learned how the film industry tends to depict our environment in good and bad ways, and sometimes even portray nature in a false view. It made me think about how I view these documentaries and will continue to view them, most likely thinking more in depth about whats behind the scenes. Another group reviewed article number 1, which talked about the environmental challenges that we face.

Week Four

Week four in class was very relaxing. We watched the documentary film An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore. It gave insight into the threatening and devastating troubles that global warming is having on our planet. Troubles that are affecting people and our environment. I thought it was a very well directed film and I believe Al Gore has made a huge step in getting people to follow along with the fact that global warming is real and we need to do something about it before its to late.

These past four weeks have been a learning experience getting me to think about the environment in ways that I really don't sit down and take the time ponder about.

4 comments:

  1. This past were good learning expriences for me as well; I am starting to become more aware of the environment more than I've ever been. I think we all need to ponder about how we are really affecting our environment and take step. Good post! Hope you keep learining new things everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am really glad that you liked viewing "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore. I also thought it was VERY eye opening. He has done an amazing job spreading the seriousness of global warming around the world! I also enjoyed Reading 27, where we learned all about how the environment is portrayed in documentaries. This reading really made me realize that what we see in documentaries isn't exactly what the world may be. This was a very important lesson for me to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a lot these last 2 weeks as well. I am glad we are getting into some real issues, its so wierd to think this is going on all around us and we are kind of oblivious to it. I am thankful that we are able to learn about this NOW, so we have the opportunity to make a difference. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last two weeks have been bvery informative! I think every week there is going to be something that makes us look at our lifestyle differently. I enjoyed Al Gore's film too it was really well done and included information I never had thought about before. Glad to hear your learning a lot and enjoying it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete