Friday, April 17, 2009

Reflection: Week 11 & 12



Okay, so I am absolutely ready for summer time. I think we should have our class time outside when its glorious days like today. Any seconds? Another two weeks of environmental health have been erased from the calendar and just a few remain.

Week 11

We got back into the swings of things this week after having week ten off due to the AAPHERD convention. We watched our last documentary film for class titled "Unnatural Causes." The film consisted of multiple short flicks and the one we watched was "In Sickness and in Wealth." This film was about how the wealth of someone can simply be a main factor in determining there health. Wealthier people live longer and poorer people die sooner. I thought it was a very interesting documentary. I've never really thought about how wealthy people have an advantage in life over poorer people. Second part of the week we had blog assignment to explore a health issue that grabs your interest. A busy week it was.

Week 12

This week was a little more relaxing but gave us an insight into the busy weeks coming up. We went over ways to fully understand an issue, so that we can get the most out of our advocacy project.

I'm looking forward to the coming weeks. Especially next weeks venture outside.

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward for next week's outside activity as well. I wasn't really expecting a relaxing week, but I am happy it was because it really helped me focus on my other classes more. Though it was relaxing, it was still resourceful, I really enjoyed the video and I looking forward to learn more about my advocacy topic, and others'. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am ready for summer, and the chance to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. I am absolutely shocked that it snowed today, that really should not be happening anymore. I really enjoyed these last two weeks. The documentary, Unnatural Causes completely blew me away. It was by far, my favorite documentary that we watched this semester. I was so shocked to learn just how much wealth affects people's health. I knew that wealthier people ended up living better/easier lives, but I didn't know that the effects of wealth were as great as they are. This advocacy project seems like a lot of work, but I think that once we are done with all of this, we are going to be really proud of all that we have accomplished. Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree!! We should for sure go outside and have class! That would be fitting for us as environmentalists :) I too was sucked in to that movie as it made me really think outside the box into different ways of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really ready for summer and our little trip outisde will be a nice change. The past two weeks were pretty relaxing but informative, the film really got me thinking. Nice Post Noah

    ReplyDelete